|120 g||raisins, (optional)|
|250 g||plain flour|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
|125 g||salted butter, softened|
- Set the raisins aside in a small bowl and cover with about 1 cup of boiling water, leave to soak.
- Add the sugar to the bowl and mill 3 seconds on speed 8.
- Add the milk, eggs, flour, baking powder and vanilla essence. Mix 15 seconds on speed 7.
- Add the softened butter and mix 15 seconds on speed 7.
- Drain the raisins (if using) and discard the water. Add the raisons to the bowl and mix 5 seconds on speed 4.
- Transfer to a bowl, cover and leave to rest for about 2 hours on the bench.
- Preheat fan forced oven to 200ºC.
- Grease a madeleine form or other small cake forms with butter.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of mixture into each well.
- Bake for 9 minutes, until firm, golden and well risen. Leave to rest in the form for a couple of minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool.