|400 g||carrots, washed and roughly chopped|
|220 g||raw sugar|
|1 tsp||vanilla essence|
|1/2 tsp||mixed spice|
|200 g||plain flour|
|1 tsp||bicarb soda|
|160 g||olive oil|
|220 g||raw sugar, milled 10 sec / speed 10 to icing sugar|
|90 g||cream cheese|
|45 g||butter, at room temperature|
|1/2 tsp||lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 185ºC.
- Grease 25 cm round cake tin/ line with baking paper, and set aside.
- Place walnuts into bowl and mill for 4 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
- Place carrots into bowl and chop for 15 seconds on speed 5. Set aside with walnuts.
- Place eggs, sugar and oil in bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
- Add vanilla, spice, salt, flour and bicarb to bowl and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5.
- Add walnuts and carrots and mix for 15 seconds on reverse speed 2.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 1 ¼ hour.
- Combine all icing Ingredients in bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 6.
- Ice cake when it has cooled.