|1||pinch of salt|
|15 g||maize starch|
|1 teaspoon||white vinegar (or cider vinegar)|
|400 g||fresh cream with a 35% fat content|
|350 g||fresh strawberries|
|Butter for greasing|
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Prepare the meringue: In a clean and dry mixing bowl, place the sugar and program 25 seconds on speed 10.
- Set aside and keep in a separate bowl.
- Put the butterfly whisk on the rotary blade.
- Add the egg whites and a pinch of salt in the mixing bowl. Beat for 6 minutes on speed 3, removing the measuring cup from the lid during the process.
- Program 2 minutes and 30 seconds on speed 3 (with the butterfly whisk in place) and, with the machine running, add the reserved sugar, the maize starch and the vinegar through the opening in the lid. At the end, the mixture should be fairly consistent.
- Line a round springform cake tin (with a removable base and about 20/25 cm in diameter) with greaseproof paper greased with butter. Or, alternatively, place large spoonful on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Put it in a preheated oven at 150°C for 20 minutes.
- Next, reduce the temperature to 120°C and let it cook for a further 60 minutes. Let it cool inside the oven.
- Prepare the whipped cream: In a clean and dry mixing bowl, place the sugar and pulverize it by programming 15 seconds on speed 4. Remove and set aside.
- Clean the mixing bowl well and insert the butterfly whisk.
- Add the cream and program 2 minutes on speed 4. Remove the butterfly whisk, add the reserved sugar and stir well with the spatula.
- Carefully, place the meringue on a serving plate.
- Not long before serving, cover it with the whipped cream and spread the strawberries (whole or halved) over the top. Keep in the fridge.
Suggestion: Note: The times indicated (to beat the cream) may vary according to the cream's quality, temperature and fat content. We recommend using cream with 35% fat content. When you use them, make sure they are very chilled: Put them in the freezer a while before making the recipe. Curiosity: The Pavlova is an Australian dessert created in honor of the ballet dancer - Anna Pavlova.