|400 g||dark chocolate, into pieces|
|400 g||full fat cream (cool)|
|2 tbsp||caster sugar|
|Pinch of salt|
- Place chocolate into the bowl and gate for 10 seconds on speed 6.
- Add 100 g of the cream and melt together for 6 minutes, at 50ºC on speed 2.
- Add the egg yolks and mix for 20 seconds on speed 4.
- Pour the mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Clean and dry well the bowl and lid.
- Place the butterfly into the bowl and whip the remaining 150 g cool full fat cream on 2 ½ minutes on speed 3 until it has thickened.
- Place the whipped cream into a separate bowl.
- Clean and dry the bowl and lid - make sure it's very dry or otherwise your egg whites won't whip in the next step!
- Place the butterfly into the bowl and add the egg whites, caster sugar and a pinch of salt (the salt will stabilize the egg whites).
- Whip for 8 minutes on speed 3 or until stiff peaks have formed.
- Add the chocolate mixture and the whipped cream to the bowl.
- Combine everything together for 20 seconds on reverse speed 3.
- If the mixture isn't completely combined, finish mixing it with the spatula.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Serve with optional toppings.
Suggestion: Optional toppings: chopped strawberries or raspberries, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, crushed peppermint crisp bar, crushed chocolate honeycomb.